Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. With over 1,500 products, Specialty Polymers offers the widest range of high performance polymers in the world, allowing tailor-made solutions such as pushing the limits of metal replacement in the electronics, automotive, aircraft and healthcare industries. The GBU has unparalleled expertise in three technologies: aromatic polymers, high barrier polymers and fluoropolymers.
The Orange Site Supply Chain Manager is responsible for short range production scheduling, Technical Stores, warehousing and order fulfillment. They are responsible for balancing and optimizing inventory levels, manufacturing asset utilization and customer delivery service.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties:
* Responsible for 3-month rolling detail Orange Halar & Toller Production schedules * Attend production / scheduling meetings and advise Global Planner of any issues that impact the production schedule/ability to meet orders (focal point for immediate plant issues). * Assist in maintaining Finished Goods stock levels as defined by Global Planner and taking into account the fluctuations of customer demand. * Solve daily tactical issues related to production scheduling and product availability:
1. Focal point for Back Office / Customer Service to resolve issues
2. Manage blocked & same day shipment with warehouse
3. Involves the Global Planner when major deviations in terms of inventory, service or capacity utilization occur or are imminent.
* Participates in the processes to monitor and reduce non-prime, rework, damaged, slow moving, and blocked inventory levels. * Supervise 3 people * Plant Warehouse : Supervise Order Fulfillment , shipping and receiving activities * Reconcile raw materials at month end and adjust in SAP accordingly. * Coordinate delivery/loading of 2 key raw materials & return of ISO containers to Asia * Purchasing - Create and maintain most of the yearly blanket orders. * Manage all aspects of Technical Stores via effective inventory management to support keeping the plant running * Monitors Key Site Performance Indicators (KPI)
1. Inventory quantity and value including \"Slow Moving\" and \"Non-Prime\"
2. Customer Delivery Service
3. Production Asset Utilization
* Participate on projects in order to improve Supply Chain processes and install best practices.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering required. * Minimum of 3 -10 years' experience working in supply chain domain preferably in a manufacturing industry
* APICS CPIM certification preferred. * Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP strongly preferred.
* Previous experience in Supply Chain Planning ,Order Fulfillment, Warehousing and logistics * Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual thinking skills required. * Possess the ability to impact and influence change. * Strong customer care aptitude needed. * Possess the ability to work with cross functional teams needed. * APICS CPIM certification preferred. * Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP strongly preferred. * Strong organizational , communication, and interpersonal skills required