Oxy has a significant presence (~1.4 MM net acres) in the highly competitive and profitable Permian unconventional arena and is looking for talent to help lead the company to industry-leading performance and growth. Oxy is looking for a talented and motivated individual to fill the position of Field Development Production Engineer within our Permian Resources - TX Delaware organization based in Houston, TX.
The Development team is responsible for creating Field Development Plans for specified assets within the Permian Resources Texas Delaware portfolio. The Field Development Production Engineer role is responsible for building the vision case artificial lift and life of well production strategy for Field Development Plans through incorporation of best practices and analysis/interpretation of surveillance data to optimize full field recovery and value. The Field Development Production Engineer is part of an integrated team of Production, Reservoir, and Facilities Engineers who work closely with the Subsurface Characterization team to understand the resource potential in the ground, the Well Analysis and Design team to understand well productivity, design and cost, and the Land team as well as various other groups to create Field Development Plans to maximize the value of the asset. The Field Development Production Engineer will be responsible for framing multiple full field artificial lift scenarios, developing cost estimates, identifying potential risks to production and cash flow, and formulating contingency plans to respond to actual well and lift performance. The Field Development Production Engineer helps facilitate and prioritize efforts for personnel working the specific fields to ensure the Business Unit receives a high quality plan that is executable.
The Field Development Production Engineer will report to the Development Manager. Specific team members under the direction of the Development Manager include the following personnel: Reservoir Engineers, Facilities Engineers, and Production Engineers.
* Initiate coordination and preliminary scoping of artificial lift strategy with interdisciplinary team (including but not limited to Facilities, Operations, Electrical, Subsurface Engineering, etc)
* Support the construction of and updates to Field Development Plans by creating integrated artificial lift strategies for multiple scenarios with input from various technical and support groups
* Interface with Worldwide Engineering and Well Analysis and Design teams to explore innovative technologies and well construction practices that drive value and reduce downtime, failures and operating expense
* Work closely with Asset Production Engineering and Operations teams to understand existing artificial lift performance and issues and incorporate learnings into Field Development Plans
* Provide specification and scoping costs for artificial lift requirements
* Provide reservoir engineering, development forecasting, and economic analysis inputs
* Challenge and develop solutions for surface and subsurface uncertainty and limitations
* Remove roadblocks, manage conflict, and drive collaboration
* Ensure business decisions are based on quality technical work using quality data
* Embrace new ways of thinking, innovate, and advance our existing field development strategy
Education: Bachelor's degree (pertinent engineering degree).
Experience: Prefer at least 5 or more years of industry experience with an emphasis in Production Engineering. Reservoir and Facilities Engineering experience and field operations exposure is attractive. Past demonstration of great technical and financial project success, and unconventional development experience are both highly coveted.
Professional/Technical Knowledge: Well-rounded, broad knowledge-base in: production and operations engineering in unconventional assets, artificial lift mechanisms, uncertainty/risk analysis, field development planning, economic analysis, ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups and leverage Oxy's vast support groups. Experience with 3esi-Enersight asset development software, OxyLift/Nexus, and LOWIS would be extremely beneficial.
Professional/Technical Qualifications/Licenses/Certifications: None required.
Cultural Traits & Key Competencies
* Collaborative (excellent communication skills along with the desire to reach out and engage other teams to achieve objectives, manages conflict as it arises, and leverages the network)
* Creative (strive for significant and continuous improvement)
* Results-Oriented (driven for value-adding results in self and in others)
* Proactive (strong decision skills relying on experience balanced with data and interpretations)
* Accountable (committed to short term and long term expectations)
* Risk Taking (take appropriate risks in order to advance while also learning from failures
* Deep and broad understanding of artificial lift mechanisms (designed for full life cycle)
* Familiarity with Oxy's production software (OxyLift/Nexus, eVIN, LOWIS)
* Strong understanding of Oxy's business and financial drivers
* Understanding of corrosion mechanisms and mitigation techniques
* Creativity and appetite for risk
* Ability to quantify risk and uncertainty
* Ability and motivation to challenge status quo
* Scenario planning experience
* Presentation skills
* Communication/interpersonal skills
* Exceptional collaboration skills with emphasis on integration between teams
* Able to network between disciplines and across the organization
* Ability to integrate business and technical judgement
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
Associated topics: brakes, bsme, design, machine, mechanical, msme, naval, proe, turbine, vehicle