LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com ) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels. Basic Function
The individual in this position is responsible for environmental compliance with state and federal air, water, and waste environmental regulatory requirements. Primary responsibility will be to manage day to day waste management activities at the LyondellBasell Industries - La Porte facility. Additional responsibilities include actively supporting environmental compliance in other media as well as participating in safety processes and safety activities at the site. The incumbent will utilize their expertise to drive results with a focus on HSE incident prevention and continuous improvement. Office location is at La Porte facility.Roles & Responsibilities
- Champions GoalZERO and Check Signals programs.
- Maintains site wide waste program compliance and including onsite container tracking.
- Coordinates waste shipments and maintains regulatory documentation for waste program.
- Manages site waste profile documentation and waste shipment tracking database.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and internal auditors.
- Maintains Customer focus and interfaces with multi-functional project teams.
- Responsible for submitting Purchase Requisitions, tracking Purchase Orders, and approving invoices in SAP.
- Responsible for tracking costs of waste management activities and finding most cost effective approaches to waste management while maintaining compliance.
- Interfaces with Accounting Group to track budget status and accruals.
- Maintains ownership of assigned site environmental programs and provides support to maintain site compliance with permits and environmental regulatory requirements.
- Completes and submits environmental reports to state and federal agencies.
- Manages refrigerant recycling as part of Stratospheric Ozone Program.
- Conducts inspections and audits to verify compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements. This includes, but is not limited to:
- EPA, TCEQ, Texas Railroad Commission, and DOT regulations
- OSHA Occupational Safety Standards
- Must serve in on-call rotation for HSE event and environmental release reporting.
- Able to work independently and provide support to other HSE Organization personnel
- Develops, prepares, and present topics for safety meetings, special projects, and training classes associated with assigned environmental programs
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities.
- Interacts with operations and maintenance personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of environmental regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years relevant environmental experience in a chemical or petrochemical facility.
- Experience with and working knowledge of the air, water, waste, and DOT regulations and regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated experience representing a company to a regulatory agency.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite programs with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Building effective relationships within all functional areas of the facility and ensuring the practical application of HSE programs, processes, and initiatives.
- Must be able to positively influence LyondellBasell personnel and contractors.
- Must have Customer Service mindset.
- Must be able to foster relationships with co-workers that are conducive to timely completion of stated objectives.
- Must have entrepreneurial approach to looking for opportunities to reduce costs of waste management while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Must be able to plan in advance and avoid reactive mode of managing activities.
- Experience with Texas/Federal permitting and compliance reporting preferred.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicitedr?sum?s or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Associated topics: ehs, environmental health safety, environmental impact assessment, environmental protection agency, glacier, green energy, groundwater, hazardous material, waste, water