The Biomedical Equipment Technician II (BMET II) is required to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and verify the performance of complex biomedical equipment with minimal supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of these duties. The BMET II may serve as technical advisor to the medical and clinical staff in the safe operation and use of clinical equipment. This position also assists in developing specifications for the selection of new clinical equipment. The individual demonstrates adherence to the TRIMEDX core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
Technical Service (40%)
* Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on complex and intricate biomedical equipment * Repair, install, and calibrate complex and intricate biomedical equipment * Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns * Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery * Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education * Assist with Service Operations Special Projects as assigned
Regulatory Compliance (25%)
* Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history * Adheres to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures * Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Account Relationship Management (25%)
* Build and maintain customer relationships * Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians * Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served. * Provide a positive representation of TRIMEDX services by integrating the core values into job performance
Inventory (10 %)
* Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status * Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment * Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory. * Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history * Make recommendations regarding inventory
Education and Work Experience
* Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required * Technical Certification (CBET) strongly preferred * Minimum 3 years of experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment * Valid driver's license required; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle
* Complex computer skills including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes required * Ability to integrat Associated topics: assembler, clean room, electrician, manufacturing, medical technologist, meter reader, pharmacy technician, service support, technician lab, technician staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.