- Working on a team of 3, reporting to 1 lead
- Supporting the launch of the next SUV launch (about 1 year from now)
- This team designs kit cells and sequence cells that will deliver materials to the assembly line
- Lead Material Strategies focus on delivering parts to an offline kitting cell.
- That team selects the parts and places into an individual kit
- Sub assembly to a couple of parts so the team that is building the vehicle doesnt have to decide or search for a part
- In the assembly area there are several different kitting cells.
- These 2 engineers work with a team of 2 on massive part proliferation on this vehicle.
- This includes updating part numbers & changing part numbers as product development releases new information.
- Monitor databases, update them with what the commodity is, the container, the size of the container, the capacity of the container (how many parts can it hold), etc.
- Use AutoCAD to layout the cell, determine how many part racks, determine direct labor requirements, how many people are needed to keep up with the speed of the line, determine the methodology to deliver the kit to the line and design the optimal kit layout.
- Candidates have an opportunity to prepare a new vehicle launch for the next generation of full size SUV.
- Candidates get to work with a small, very experienced team of industrial engineers with a wealth of manufacturing and material experience. This candidate would be trained on the latest methods.
- Open office environment
- This position will not be done in a vacuum, lots of flexibility, opportunity for growth.
- 1-3 years of experience working with Access, Excel, AutoCAD.
- Candidate should have strong skills and abilities with these programs.
- Good communication skills
- Associate's degree in Engineering. Bachelor's degree is engineering preferred. engineering degree in industrial engineering is most highly preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Candidates must have 1-3 years of professional experience working in a Manufacturing environment
Associated topics: develop, developer, design, designer, drawing, mechanical, mechanical engineer, plc, process engineer, wiring