Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with the Supplier Quality Manager and Procurement to ensure supplier performance monthly reporting.
* Maintain and update critical supplier and new supplier audit system, schedule supplier site audits and perform supplier audits
* Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI's, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and NCR's
* Establish specific short / long-term supplier quality goals for suppliers that drive continual improvement.
* Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances and follow up on CAPA's
* Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply, familiar with MPP'S and ITP's
* Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting Forum requirements. Projects may include process analysis, value stream mapping, process, capability and throughput analysis, 6-Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events when necessary.
* Drive \"Zero Defect\" mentality within the supply chain
* Communicate engineering, Quality requirements and manufacturing specifications to suppliers.
* Actively manage suppliers to ensure they are capable and have the tools for implementation of new processes and or parts.
* Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality problems
* Assure compliance to all applicable legal requirements for Federal, State laws as well as ISO, API standards.
* Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems
* Identify and record any problems relating to the product process and quality system
* Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels and reporting structure.
* Verify the implementation of solutions is effective and sustainable
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* ASQ CQE and Six Sigma Black Belt certification
* Intermediate Technical Skills
* Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Understanding of project management and scheduling.
* Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP are preferred.
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
* Little or no exposure to hazards
* Typical office work environment
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associate's Degree in Business related field; or 4 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
10 - 20%
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain