Eaton Corporation, Industrial Sector, has an opening for a LeadReliability and Safety Engineering. This position is located in Fort Worth, TX or Grand Rapids, MI orIrvine, CA or Los Angeles, CA
This position will report to the Reliability, Maintainabilityand Safety (RMS) Center of Excellence (CoE) with focus on driving robust designand Design for Reliability practices into product development as well asleading certification compliance for all Aerospace programs globally. TheAerospace RMS team is part of a broader RMS organization whose support includesAerospace, Vehicle, and Hydraulic business groups. This position isresponsible for leading comprehensive system reliability, maintainability andsafety programs within the Industrial Sector Center of Excellence(COE). This position is also responsible for drivingdeployment of new tools and processes within the Aerospace Group (e.g., Designfor Reliability (DfR), Design for Safety (DfS), or Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)deployment).
Makingwhat matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around theworld. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery becomereality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you canreach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
* You will develop acomprehensive system reliability and safety program plan, interfacing withProgram Management to align key dates, resources and milestones. Trackingand reporting progress of deliverables and developing recommendations forprogram gate decisions.Quantify system reliability and safety requirementsbased on customer wants/needs, and competitive benchmarkinginformation. Allocate reliability and safety requirements tosubsystem and component teams. * You will have a generalunderstanding of reliability estimation methods, such as Reliability BlockDiagrams, Fault Trees, MIL-217 and others. * You will manage complexprojects involving multiple electronic components or systems forcompleteness and compatibility with organizational objectives andstandards. * You will support peer reviewsof project deliverables to ensure accuracy and coordinate with engineeringteams to resolve technical issues. * You will support complexreliability and safety analyses for electrical components, eitherindividually or through team efforts. * You will have in depthunderstanding aerospace safety standards (ARP4761, MIL-STD-882, DO-178Cand DO-254A). Basic understanding of vehicle safety standards(ISO 26262) and/or industrial safety standards (IEC 62061 or ISO 15998) isa plus.
When we embrace thedifferent ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, weas individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed toensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of anapplicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information,protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a reliability and safetytechnical role
* Minimum 3 years of experience in new electrical or electronicsproduct development programs
* This position requires the use of information oraccess to hardware which is subject to the international Traffic in ArmsRegulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US persons within themeaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a US Citizen, U.S. PermanentResident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
* Authorized to work in the United States without companysponsorship now or in the future.
* No relocation isapproved for this position, candidates must reside within a 50 miles radius ofFort Worth, TX-Grand Rapids, MI- Glendale, CA- Irvine , CA - Los Angeles,CA
* Knowledge of fuel systems, aircraft systems, and/or hydrauliccontrol systems
* Knowledge of the DFMEA, Risk log, and 8D process
* Experience with reliability modeling, FMEAs/FMECAs, fault treeanalyses, and analyzing large data sets
* Experience with warranty calculations
* Experience with ALT/HALT/HASS methods
* Experience with RAM Commander or similar fault tree software
* Experience with Product launch phase.
Position Success Criteria:
* Prepare and review Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEAs) perindustry standards (MIL-STD-1629, ARP5580).
* Understand basic state of the practice methods for aircraftcertification (AC 23.1209-1, AC 25.981 and ARP4754).
* Support the development of design Critical to Quality (CTQ)measures of program success based on customer wants/needs.
* Support a comprehensive risk management process - including supportingDFMEA, robustness models (P-diagram) and a program risk management log. Promoteearly identification and resolution of risk for new designs.
* Define and execute system and component design validation plansand reports (DVP&R), including accelerated life testing and life test dataanalysis.
* Support a Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective ActionSystem (FRACAS) process, driving continuous improvement through a statisticalproblem-solving approach (8D).
* Present reliability program status to external customers.
* Mentor junior engineers in DFSS and reliability disciplines;provide formal training on selected topics in DFSS and Reliability.
* Recognizes key improvement needs in terms of process/standards andrecommend solutions to the team/management.
* Leads infrastructure projects in areas of subject matterexpertise.