Project Manager - Solar Independent Engineering - US
5006 Emma Browning Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL ? Energy's Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Project Manager to join our Solar Independent Engineering (IE) team. DNV GL is the world's leading renewable energy consultant, and DNV GL's Solar IE team has held a substantial market position for independent engineering services to support financing and construction of solar energy projects in North America and are viewed as experts and thought leaders. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent engineering services for solar project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely upon our reports as part of their investment decision making process. The Project Manager will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence review process to support the finance and construction of solar projects in North America; communicating and resolving technical issues with clients and lenders/investors; and travelling to project sites in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections PV plants. This position may be based out of our San Diego CA, Portland OR, Oakland CA, Austin TX, Chalfont PA, Medford MA, Madison, WI, Toronto, Ontario, or Montreal, Quebec offices. Remote locations in southeast US may also be considered.
* Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment
* Project management for due diligence engagements
* Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, etc.).
* Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews and/or portions of technical review within personal area of expertise (e.g. electrical or civil design).
* Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports
* Supporting customers through the financing of projects, including review of loan draw requests, equity review, review and preparation of IE documents and certifications
* Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary
* Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work
* Coordinating and executing construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing site visits to inspect the status and quality of construction workSupporting customers through the financing of projects, including review of loan draw requests, equity review, review and preparation of IE documents and certifications
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related energy field from an accredited university is required; Master's preferred
* Minimum of 2 years' experience working in engineering/project management and/or conducting technical or financial reviews, including at least 1 year of experience in the solar industry is desired
* First-hand familiarity with energy industry technology (modules, inverters, mounting system, balance of system etc.) and contracts (EPC, O&M, interconnection, PPAs, and/or asset management contracts), and/or understanding of financial models
* Understanding of energy assessments and system performance Project management and time management skills, including an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines and to establish and maintain good relations with clients.
* Experience reviewing acceptance testing; commissioning and/or modeling using PVSyst or equivalent In addition of the above requirements, we are looking for a candidate with in-depth knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas: contracts, operations/asset management, solar project design/development, module/inverter technology or energy assessment
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
* Able to sit for long periods of time, when working in office
* Comfortable climbing rooftops given appropriate gear and training
* Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, and emails, and to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
* Solution-oriented thinking skills ? identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or work-arounds that allow development and financing/investment to proceed
* Displaying high integrity and honesty ? clients rely on DNV GL's independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
* Fluent in MS Office products
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.