Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2017 the company employed a total workforce of 18 135. In the financial year 2017, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 6.377 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant's corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation through R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
EHS Officer works to coordinate, implement, and administer various policies, programs and initiatives designed to ensure a safe, healthful and environmentally responsible work site. Support, assist, and guide compliance with Clariant Health, and Safety, and Environmental guidelines, procedures and expectations which include adherence to all applicable federal, state and local regulations to ensure Clariant maintains safe and work practices, processes and surroundings.
* Manages overall ESHA activities for the BU in NA and directly at MHW
* Process safety, Industrial hygiene and Solid waste management
* Manages the WWTP and Utilities at MHW
* Delegate work among 1 direct report and 6 indirect
* Oversees outside contractors as needed for ESHA activities
* Works with other departments to address ESHA issues
* Lead and drive efficiency improvements in WWTP and utilities
* Champion Lean Six Sigma projects
* Work with the BU and plants on new products and projects
* Cooperates with Regional/Global Corporate ESHA
* Leads and Participates in audits
* Regulatory Compliance Management
* Risk Identification and Management
* Development & maintenance of a comprehensive ESHA management program for the site
* Lead and Participate in Community Awareness
* Knowledge of manufacturing technologies particularly within chemical Processes, safety and environmental laws and regulations, guidelines & chemical practices.
* 10+ years of experience
* Must have experience in Industrial hygiene, process safety management, waste management, community involvement, Safety
* Experience in Clariant environmental health and safety guidelines and audit processes
Bachelor's Degree in related field.
Associated topics: ehs, environment, health, health and safety, hygiene, osha, recycle, recycling, safety, sewage