Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com
Flow Assurance Applications Scientist - Hydrate (Upstream Chemicals)
Baker Hughes, a GE company, is seeking a Flow Assurance Applications Scientist / Engineer to work in the Operations Technical Support group. The candidate will need to be comfortable working around production chemicals and routine lab equipment. Additionally, the candidate needs to be able to handle multiple tasks/projects, and work well with other team members. The pace and volume of the work can be quite high at times; therefore, the position demands the candidate to be able to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines.
* Perform testing in a laboratory research environment - work on product formulations, sample preparation, and testing of oil and water samples to support technical service projects
* May participate in customer interface with team leader
* Provide technical product support and service
* Analyze data and communicate results through presentation and documentation to various groups
* Travel to field to implement recommendations made as a result of testing
* Help develop and test new products with senior scientists
* Handle special projects as assigned
* BS degree in a Scientific Discipline or Engineering
* Team player
* Motivated, self-starter
* Ability to multi-task to work on multiple projects
* Work independently at times, as well as be a function part of a team to complete
* Advance degree in a Scientific Discipline or Engineering
* Background in hydrate treatment
* 3 years' experience in the oilfield industry
* Experience with Production Chemicals
* Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Sugar Land, TX
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane, rubber