Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries. Key Objective of Position:
The Maintenance Manager is primarily responsible for delivering reliability against minimum cost. Also, accountable for planning, directing and controlling the work of the Maintenance Department to support and maintain production departments and infrastructure at the Battleground site commensurate with good engineering practices and in line with BU policies and procedures. Key member of Site Management team.Principal accountabilities:
- Directly responsible for the overall planning, direction and management of the maintenance department at the Battleground site and determining resources necessary for optimal performance.
- Setting goals for maintenance performance through establishing KPIs while ensuring consistent, wide spread use of best practices within maintenance.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the overall maintenance work process and improve cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assessing maintenance staff competency levels versus requirements, and identifying training/hiring needs. Ensure high utilization of staff
- Leading the development of the department annual budgeting process and continuously monitoring performance versus budget; taking necessary actions to achieve committed results
- Ensuring the application of all safety rules, assuring maintenance personnel are aware of and employing safe working practices and promoting safety programs and behaviors. Responsible for leadership and successful implementation of HSE&S programs, including compliance with environmental permits, and supports HSE&S improvement projects for the site
- Processing of work requests, and completion of breakdown maintenance. Execute an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Plan, implement, and measure sound maintenance technical practices including predictive maintenance, planning and scheduling, total quality, safety, and management techniques.
- Develop, implement, and maintain calibration/verification maintenance plan for environmental and safety systems, ISO, etc. Manage plant instrument calibration process in line with ISO STD 4.11.
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and provide for an adequate supply and ensure control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
QUALITY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and help implement the site's Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees including VPP and BBS (Swagger).
- Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Battleground Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
- Understand and help implement the site's Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
- Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
- B.S. Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of experience working in a maintenance or mechanical engineering role in a chemical plant.
- The selected candidate must be a proven leader with at least 3 years of experience managing, training and leading maintenance teams in a chemical industry setting.
- Highly skilled in predictive/preventative maintenance
- Reliability Centered Maintenance experience
- Root Cause Problem Solving ability
- Experience with budgeting and working with SAP.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to develop and lead employees.
- Must be able to wear FRCs, steel toed boots, safety glasses and hard hat and be able to go into a plant environment
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- May require individual to comply with Nouryon RBPS 12 Corporate CFATS Personnel Surety Compliance Policy for Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards.
Associated topics: forklift, fork lift, manage, management, manufacture, mow, plant, plant management, production management, scanner